Saturday, December 12, 2009

komposisyon

...translates to "Composition".

The most important aspect of a photograph (keeping technicality aside).




Someone asked me to start a photo blog with my experience and findings so that others can learn. Me? I wanted to start this blog to tell the story behind every photograph. Neither has been accomplished yet, but I decided to post my experience (which I should mention isn't too vast) as a journal entry for my own reference. I am no expert, but if this helps you, I will be glad.

Will keep it simple (I always like explaining in points).

1. Rule of Thirds.
Something I am slowly learning to pay attention to. Composition of a shot through the view finder is hard for me. I miss out on what gets into corners of the frame and I have absolutely no patience when something so beautiful is in front of me ready to be captured. Maybe a camera with "Live View" might help.

2. For better composition - 1 word for you - TRIPOD.
Tripod is a blessing! Which I had always shunned using thinking it slows me down. But once you resign yourself to spending some time in setting up the whole thing, you might as well spend as much or even more time in composition. This helps a lot because it makes you visualize the grid, think, re-arrange, see, click?...no not yet, maybe a lil more re-arranging...and so on and the final result is just worth it.

3. Ok...2 words....PATIENCE.
Spending 5 minutes for one good shot vs clicking 5 average shots in one minute. Go figure!

4. Manual Focus.
You will love it once you start using it. Obviously, you cant be focusing manually while shooting people in a party...everything has its place. Portraits, Landscapes, table-top photography. Amazing amount of control...that's what this is all about.


[Will post more as and when I 'discover'].

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP