Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Time for Food

It's holiday time and for lack of a better photo with something red and green, I am posting something that we all do in holidays...eat!

Food photography is one area I would love to explore especially because I like cooking, I like mini projects of setting up for my photography and I love food! Table top photography requires a lot of patience to set up the right kind of background and lighting and its a lot of fun.

Loaf

For lack of space, right now my dining table is acting as my workshop and my source of lighting is a window to the side through which light streams in. Sometimes I add reflectors on the other side of the subject to compensate for the lack of light. Depending on the subject, a gold/silver reflector can be used. Here is some information on reflectors.



Both these photos were taken on my dining table, with tripod and I don't remember if I used reflectors. I also used a white sheet of paper as the background for both the photos. The background in the photo of the loaf of bread is exactly how it came out..not so white! If I had exposed for the white sheet, the bread would have been overexposed, so I had no choice. In the case of the apples, I actually used gimp and made the background white(r). Ya...I was using gimp then and have moved on to Lightroom 3 Beta version and sometime in future, hopefully someone will get the hint and gift me Adobe Photoshop!




0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP